Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What is this blog for?

Hello people of the internet world. You might be wondering what this blog is about. Or even better question: What's up with the title?

Well, I am just a college kid struggling to survive the everyday storms that bombard my life. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one with this problem. This blog will be used to jot down my thoughts, inspirations, quotes, and mostly opinions. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts with others. Whether you agree or not is up to you. I just want this blog to remind myself to stay strong during the tough times and keep the faith. Plus, this will be my outlet instead of punching a pillow like some people do. Personally, I think it's unhealthy and very mean to your pillow. It comforts you when you sleep, doesn't it?

Today, I want to share what I read in the Bible. I want to hear no complaints. This is my blog, and I will use it the way I want to.
"Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." Romans 14:1-4

Personally, I liked these verses because they were not relating to those generic stories we've all heard before, whether we are Christians or not. It's not about Noah's arc, nor David and the Giant. It is about food, and we all know how we feel about food. The message I got from God today relates to what I have been going through in school. We, as students, feel disheartened or even disappointed with ourselves when we get a bad score on a test. How many of us felt a bit jealous when our friends did a little bit better than us? Even a teeny tiny bit? I can admit I did and still do. Especially if you feel like you put in most of the effort. "Why does he/she have to get a better score? I studied a lot for this test. I don't believe this." We complain and complain, but who are we to judge the people around us? Whether the other person did better than you does not matter. What matters most in life is what happens next. There is always a purpose for God. It might seem illogical in our opinions, but his reason surpasses ours. That is the faith we must have to study even harder for the next exam or any kinds of tests that we face. See, the glory is not for us. The glory lies with God. All honor and glory must be for Him. If we tried our very best, that's all that matters. To quote from the movie, Facing the Giants: "When we win we praise Him, when we lose, we praise Him."

The whole food story lies in what we complain about all the time. Everyday, for the rest of our lives, we will have things other people don't have, and other people will have more things than we will ever have. What God wants us to know is that whether you live with all that you have or without anything, He will always accept you into His heart. He will never abandon you because of what you do or don't have because he already has everything. The great part is, He is willing to give up all of what He has for us. That is God's love. Amen.

So what do we do when we do not have as much as we want? Read these verses, meditate on it, then go get it. If you fail, try again. Failed again? What a loser. NO. Just kidding. Keep the faith. Keep on trying. We are bound to pass sooner or later. Patience is a virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment